Thursday, July 21, 2011

Honeymoon in St. Lucia: Day 4

The fourth day of our honeymoon in St. Lucia was probably the one we were looking forward to the most...the day of our treatments at the gorgeous Rainforest Spa!

We started the morning with breakfast at the Bayside Restaurant, and I decided to order two meals (it's no wonder I gained a couple of pounds on this trip!) Blueberry french toast, with a side of eggs and bacon. Yum! Brian enjoyed his favorite smoothie, the Wake Up, which was a delicious combination of Baileys, chocolate, and coffee.

 
After our yummy breakfast, we went down to the beach to do some snorkeling. 


 The water was so clear, and we were able to see a lot of coral and colorful fish. However, when I saw an eel swimming a handful of feet beneath me, I had seen enough! I immediately headed for the shore. :) 


Then, it was finally time to head to the spa!


The Romantic Renaissance package included our own private tree house treatment room with watsu pool and waterfall...



...hydrotoning facials, a 50 minute full-body massage, a light lunch of salads and smoothies, and relaxation time in the watsu pool with a bottle of champagne!


It was absolutely perfect, and definitely the perfect splurge for our honeymoon! Nothing compares to a massage laying in the middle of the rainforest listening to the chirping of the birds and the rushing water of the river. We left the Rainforest Spa completely relaxed and happy! :)


That night, a French couple was being married on the beach at Jalousie. We sat on the beach and watched all of the wedding guests arrive by boat into the harbor while the sun was setting. It was so neat!


Because their wedding reception was held on the beach at Bayside, we headed to the Great Room for another delicious dinner overlooking Pitons Bay.


I swear we ate more than just dessert on our honeymoon (in fact, this night Brian had the most amazing steak ever), but that's seemingly the only time we remembered to take pictures. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment